office hours by appointment
office hours by appointment
Portfolio︎ : Project Assessment
Make a list of all the projects you have done in school, internships, personal projects, blitzes, workshops… There is no magic number of projects that need to be in your portfolio. The only criteria are the projects have to be as strong as they can be. You need to like the projects so you can talk about them only in the positive. Too many projects in your portfolio is more of a negative than a positive -- you must self-edit.
Use Google Docs to write down/ capture all this information
What are your top 3 projects?
Why are they the top 3 projects? What feedback have you revived about the project? What needs to be refined, added, removed, and tweeked to make it even better?
1. Name of the Project. Why is it in the top 3. What needs to be done to make it better?
2. Name of the Project. Why is it in the top 3. What needs to be done to make it better?
3. Name of the Project. Why is it in the top 3. What needs to be done to make it better?
The next 3 projects you think should go into your portfolio?
What makes them not in the top 3?
4. Name of the Project. What needs to be refined, added, tweeked to make it even stronger?
5. Name of the Project. What needs to be refined, added, tweeked to make it even stronger?
6. Name of the Project. What needs to be refined, added, tweeked to make it even stronger?
Next set of questions...
Which project has all the research done (you like the idea) or visual language (you like the look) set but just needs to be re-looked at or expanded?
Which project did you love / really like / think is pretty good but know it isn’t just isn’t good enough?
Which one do you want to completely redo?
How will you show process? for 1 – 2 projects.
How will you show you can work in a team?
How will you talk about workshops, blitzes, internships, study abroad,...
Feedback from professionals... If you have done a portfolio review, talked to any professional, (or maybe a prof gave you final feedback) about your work and they had suggestions find those notes and include them in this document so you have everything together in one spot. *anytime you want to do an informal portfolio review with an alumni please just ask and we can set something up.
Once you have started to determine your top 3 – 6 projects add the following information for each project... this takes a bit of time to write up but then you have it when it comes to writing more about your projects, or creating a case study.
2) type of project: branding, packaging, motion, publication, app design....
3) brand attributes
4) fonts used
5) challenge (what were you asked to do)
6) solution (what did you do)7) Do you have process that you can show for this project (find it, collect it, make it)
Due: Aug 24google drive: make a folder with your name and put your assessment in there.
In addition, put a link to your on-going Research so we can see you have gotten started.